Standard production workflows for building height determination is usually based on LiDAR data or stereo extraction using stereo pairs from aerial satelite imagery.
KPGeo has developed to derive building heights using mono satelite imagery. We created an algorithm and process to automatically calculate the building heights based on 2D measurements. The technology is well suited for cities with dense urbanization.
Why You Should Use Our Technology ?
- It is less expensive and more efficient than Lidar or stereo extraction
- Only one source needed: mono satelite imagery with standard metadata
- Orthorectification of the source imagery is not needed
- RMSE accuracy of building heights determination is 2-4 meters*
*Depends on building density and quality of mono imagery
- Mono panchromatic satellite imagery
- No orthorectification needed
- 2.5D building geometry
- Building height as on attribute
- Z accuracy RMSE 2-4 meters
- Algorithm appropriate for areas of dense urbanization